Letting Go with the Full Moon
The lunar phases are a great way to work with your personal growth. While the New Moon is for planting seeds and Manifesting, the Full Moon is for Letting go and Releasing. The Full Moon is the time for letting go all that does not serve your highest good.
This ritual is on that I do each full moon, and it may be done up to 3 days before and after the moon is at its peak.
1. Think about what it is you would like to let go and release while you cleanse your space. So in order to do this, you will need some White Sage Smudge, or a Space Clearing Spray. Make sure your area clean and clear of any clutter or anything that may be negative vibrationally.
"For me its a self loving ritual to cleanse my energy"
2. Clear your personal energy. Me personally, I will go for a swim in the ocean and consciously cleanse my aura with the salt water and the waves. I use the sun to consciously fill my aura with the golden light of the source. I will then use my Clearing Essence or White Sage Smudge. But if you cant get to the ocean, a gorgeous quick shower, or a bath with sea salt with essential oils will work just as well.
Although its important to cleanse your aura, and your space it is up to you to what extent you feel you need it. If you dont have time for all of this, then you can just visualise white light surrounding you and pour white light through your energy field. Its quick and effective. For me its a self loving ritual to cleanse my energy. So I do take the time if I have the time. And I do it consciously.
3. Prepare your crystals for a cleansing Full Moon Bath. Please Note, I very rarely put my crystals in water, as this may damage them. If you have quartz family, Amethyst, Agate family etc, it is ok to wash them in water, but I would be very careful about any other crystal in water. I put my crystals outside on the earth, and I usually make a grid from them, but this is just me, you don’t have to do this.
‘I let go of all that does not serve me for my highest good’
4. Write your list of things you would like to release during your ritual. Be as detailed as possible, and write as little or as much as you like. Make sure you begin each sentence with ‘I now release … ‘ or, ‘ I am now willing to let go of …..’ A good one I always use is, ‘I let go of all that does not serve me for my highest good’.
5. Go out into the Full Moon Rays, allow the moon to light you up in the darkness. Light your candle, and your smudge stick, and begin to read what it is you are wanting to release. Say your words with conviction ….. you really mean it.
6. When you have finished reading your list, use the candle to light your paper safely (make sure you have a bowl or something to catch the ashes) and watch it burn. Once your paper is ashes, take it outside to the moon and say one more time, I release all that does not serve me for my highest good, and blow the ashes to the night. Its a good time now for a little meditation if you feel inclined.
7. In the morning before the sun gets too high, bring in your cleansed crystals and reset them in their place. Please do not leave your crystals in the sun for too long as it drains their energy, and could fade colours. A little morning sun is perfect.
So now you have done your releasing … its a great idea if you think about what you have released, to breathe deeply and consciously release again until its totally gone.
To read all about the New Moon Manifesting, please click here
I have created a Lunar Pack to help you to manifest during the New Moon, and to release and let go during the Full Moon. It consists of beautiful vibrational essences and crystals, and some white sage. This kit also comes with full instructions on how to work with the lunar cycle.
Lunar Crystal and Essence Kit Now Available